Wednesday 18 December 2013

Noah Thacher, Orphan Defender

There is a verse in Isaiah, it has actually grown to be my favorite verse.

"Learn to do good, seek justice, reprove the ruthless, DEFEND THE ORPHAN, plead for the widow."
-Isaiah 1:17

My name is Noah Thacher and I am currently a student at Texas A&M University, but in May I will start working for the non profit ministry Family Legacy Missions International. The missions statement of Family Legacy is "Transforming the nation of Zambia one child at a time." I have always had a heart for kids and a passion for ministry, working with Family Legacy means that I get to help in transforming the lives of these kids every day. As I enter into this new adventure in my life I want to capture my thoughts and have an opportunity to share them with people. I also want an avenue to stay connected with the people that have made an impact on my life.

Family Legacy is a wonderful organization and my major pull to them was their desire to serve the children of Zambia. Statistically one out of every six children in Zambia is an orphan, that means there are nearly 1 million orphans in Zambia alone! In Isaiah the Lord has called all of us to defend the orphan and working for Family Legacy means that I get the chance to do just that. I've never really had a business card but I imagine if I did that I would want it to read Noah Thacher, Orphan Defender. With a title like that I figure that it will be a little easier to get out of bed in the mornings.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This is awesome. I knew Noah and his patew when he was just a toddler. Keep serving the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm it is supposed to say parents...not a jumble of letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a worthy cause for which to awaken. Congrats on finding it!

    ReplyDelete